Troy left for Army boot-camp yesterday (October 21st). He called today and although the connection wasn't very good, he seemed to be okay and said he was doing great even with lack of sleep and bad food. They were issued their uniforms and explored the PX. Tomorrow they will receive all their shots. :(
Mandy leaves for South Korea this coming Tuesday (October 27th) to teach English. The school is very cool and later I will post pictures. She has gone through hell and back trying to complete all the necessary paperwork. Anyway, this will be a great opportunity for her to travel.
Den graduates from the Senior NCO Academy this coming Wednesday (October 28th). After graduation is a formal dinner. He will finally "sew" on his Senior Master stripes November 1st. He found out he made Senior in April but the process of sewing on the actual stripe is long and complicated and I really don't want to bore you with it. :)
As for me. I'm surprised everyday that I haven't had a nervous breakdown! Our immediate family is CRAZY with adventure and although I am proud and happy we are all living out our dreams, I'm the first one to admit, it can be stressful. Once everyone is settled, I may need to sit down, prop my feet up and enjoy a big bag of almond M&M's! (Because I deserve it)
Take life as it comes
No comments:
Post a Comment