It's been one week and 2 days since we arrived in England. I meant to start blogging immediately, but there was so much to do when we arrived, I just didn't have the time. We don't move into our house until next Wednesday, so without my own belongings around me, I'm not really inspired to write yet, but I'll give it a try.
We live 2 hours outside of London so my first impression of England was how rural the area seems to be. Lots of farm land, pigs, horses and lama's. Yes, I said lama's.
The following list are things that either amaze, impress or baffle me about jolly ole' England. Some random information is included too.
1. England is over 1,000 years old.
2. I now have to learn how to drive on the other side of the road. Not only is this a challenge but the roads are very narrow and the streets signs are very different from the States.
3. The English people seem to be in no hurry except for when they are driving.
4. There is no censorship for their newspapers or magazines. You can imagine the look on my face when I opened up the paper to find a pair of breasts staring at me.
5. The electricity in Europe is 220 volts.
6. The houses are smaller than in the states and the toilets have 2 buttons. One for a little water, the other for a lot of water. Get my drift?
7. I love the British accent, but I feel bad when I have no idea what the hell they are talking about. The "in" fashion seems to be from the 80's back home. I may be wrong on this topic, I'll let you know more the longer I'm here.
8. I haven't quite figured out what the British men think of American women. Especially, an alpha American woman (Den refers to us strong willed women, as Alpha women). I can't see where they would be intimidated since it seems as British women are very strong willed themselves. Again, I'll let you know.
So we have found a house, a car (nothing I would think about driving in the states, but it works here), set up our utilities, received our driver's license, ate at some interesting places and learned the areas around the base. We have many challenges ahead, but they should all be pretty interesting, to say the least.
P.S. I will try to blog regularly from here on out. It's easier than sending a thousand different e-mails.
TAKE LIFE AS IT COMES
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that there are 2 buttons on the toilets!! America needs to that, I bet it's much more eco-friendly!! :) Can't wait to read what you have to say!!
I agree, the two buttons is a VERY good idea! I can't believe they thought of it before the U.S.
Post a Comment